Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Visit From Grandma

We are super excited that my Mom was able to come visit with us for a few weeks. We aren't doing anything too exciting with her, but we did make it down to Newport on Friday. We went to The Breakers and the Green Animals Topiary Garden. The weather was perfect and while my Mom was having some trouble with her leg she did fine with the walking. Elise enjoyed herself too, though of course fell asleep in the car on the way home and stayed up late because of it. Next time I think I am going to head down to Newport on my own and spend as much time at the houses as I can - maybe I will apply for the Victorian Society in America Newport Summer School - it would be heavenly. Mom doesn't fly home again until the 16th so we have another weekend ahead and will have to find some fun stuff for her that doesn't require too much walking.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda Hocking said...

I'm glad you made it there Jeannie! I hope you are having a great time with your Mom. Ethan loved the e-card for his birthday!