Sunday, October 23, 2011
Kindergarten
Mom made Elise this adorable dress and jacket so she wore it on the first day of her new Kindergarten, Su Escuela. Elise has to take in a "unique" family portrait for her first day of Kindergarten on Monday. As the cats take up much of our time and energy (especially at 5am trying to keep them from waking us up) I thought they should be included. We had orientation this morning and while Kurt and I are THRILLED with this program, Elise got upset and ended up in tears. She definately takes after Kurt in social anxiety so the first couple of weeks are going to be a bit tough, hopefully she isn't too distruptive and can begin to get comfortable quickly. She definatley had tears at Johnson School and Summer Camp but we never heard it was too problematic, more a matter of just getting comfortable with her surroundings and getting to know new kids - she really did great at Day Camp so I was hoping this transition wouldn't be so difficult for her. However, if this keeps up I think we will need to take her to see someone to help figure out how she can better cope when feeling so anxious and nervous. The school is going to make it hard for Kurt and I as we just learned they have plans to run a first and second grade program next year (and full primary academy after that) - the idea is thrilling for us as we look ahead, but paying for it won't help our finances so there will be some tough decision making for us next spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment