Wednesday, July 6, 2011
And then there was one...
So this post goes out to all my very favorite former colleagues from H/AM. Missing from this picture are Jessica and Annie who are both enjoying life on the West Coast (soon to be joined by Nika). We toast a shot of Wild Turkey in Susan Ray's honor with fond memories of this second wave of IA staff losses under "brilliant" leadership. I said goodbye to the first wave of amazing colleagues with the departure of Jennifer, Melanie, and Meagan over three years ago, who I am lucky enough to see for lunch and drinks whenever I can, thankfully they are still nearby (as are Jenny, Dave and Sonja) and can help me keep my sanity as I venture through another staff reshuffle (heaven forbid you actually have a staffing plan and replace departing staff in a logical manner). The good news is that Nika's departure means a promotion for me, but I remain frustrated that it takes a valued collegue and friend to leave before I am considered for a promotion, regardless of what responsibilities I continue to take on. Oh well, I am looking forward to getting more management on my resume and some quantifiables, now that I am overseeing membership and working on the Fellows program. Now if I can only figure out what I want my next step to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment